Today we are going to discuss the handy tips for how to take care of plants in Rainy Weather, you will get the complete answer to this question.
We the people of India blessed with the best weather. Especially for the plant’s lover/collector, they have a collection of plants.
They care about all three main seasons like summer, Monsoon, and winter.
For every plant lover, I am discussing a domestic plant collector.
They maintain their plant by themselves without taking any specialized annual maintenance services.
They care for them like their child. As far as I know, they hire gardeners for watering weeding, etc.
A gardener who water, dig the soil, fertilize and do the weeding.
There is no need to water if they are below the open sky. And they are having frequent rain on time.
After the first rain, if it does not arrive after two to three days you may water on the third or fourth day.
But it is always on you to be vigilant about how plants reacting. After many days without water. So as the situation arrives water the plant.
Plants who absorbed too much water. They have symptoms like leaf fall, rotting of root zones, and the gloomy appearance of plants.
If you have big corridor plants arranged in the open sky know the varieties who don’t like too much water.
Put such plants in a roofing shade so plants will not get direct pouring rain.
Desert/tropical varieties do not like rain for ex. Adeniums, cactus plants, succulents, etc
Always check for a drainage hole at bottom of the pot. if it is ceramic, Earthen, or plastic pot It’s necessary for proper drainage of excess water.
Hence in the time of monsoon so, pot floods with pot soil during rain.
The root system gets exposed and there will be the start of damage to plants.
Why we need to take care in the rainy weather
- Monsoon is the best time for plant because it facilitates low temperature and humidity and all combo of weather for plants to grow. This makes plants feel better to survive and settle well.
- Encourages root tip elongation for the well spread of root zones.
- Now the question arises that after an all favorable atmosphere why do we need to care for them in the monsoon.
- Because this favorable weather also invites pests, insects, and fungi to settle in this time.
- Fertigation in this time is best. why? because most of us using chemicle fertilizers they warm by nature after they get mixed up in the soil they start creating heat around.
- Such heat may cause root damage thus its a damge to whole plant also. if you are regular gardener you may have seen such thing in your gardening tenure. It happens more in summer .
- Reasone is outer atmosherre is warm and root zone have heat after fertilizer application both kind of warm atmosphere becomes un bearable for plants and plants get die. Such thing mostly occurs in summer time if you noticed.
- So monsoon is a the best time to fertilize plants aslo.
- Always check for stagnant water it may dmage the plant.
How to take care of plants in rainy weather (general tips) :
- If you found few rotten leaves in some water-obsessed plants, remove them.
To avoid rotting after rain drenches it with proper fungicide for its survival.
- Re-potting: to do for Plants which has over absorption of rainwater .
- And the plants with over drained pot soil with opened root zones.
- Re-potting is not necessary for all pots, you can refill earth soil or plant mixture in pots. To fulfill soil drained during rain and have seen open roots zones.
How to take care of plants in rainy weather (For the collection of plants in the corridor below the open sky) :
Here is the checklist for it –
1. Earth soil flooded from the pot with rainwater?
Ans- re-pot with new plant mixture if needed otherwise one can just add mixture which is washed out
2. wet earthen pot has cracks?
Ans- better to change such pot on time before they get exposed to rain.
3. No drainage from the bottom hole of the pot?
Ans- Make the holes at the bottoms of the pot or replace them with a pot with a hole. Excess water stored in the pot may damage roots and thus the whole plant. If there is a tray below the pot better to empty when filled with water, if possible remove them to avoid stagnant water.
4. Some water-obsessed plants may get down/die check for it?
Ans- If possible treat with fungicides. on the intervals of 7-15 days as per plant requirements. Means hardened need more or young plant less. 50-100 of the solution is enough to drench. After the drench put some water in it also. Keep some distance from main stem(root zone). Think of a stem as a center at least keep a radial distance of 3-6 inches for garden plants, it varies as per plant size and height. The purpose is not to harm root zones.
5. Do you have a collection of Cactus and Succulents?
WHen GARDEN PLANTS IN THE RAINY WEATHER get AFFECTED BY RAIN
The part of a plant that gets damaged or rotten then applies COC (copper oxychloride) to it.
It can stop the plant get damaging more.
When the plant gets gloomy apply fungicide treatment to them in the potting soil.
Drench fungicide at intervals of every 7-8 days. For a collection of cactus plants in the open space.
Always use branded fungicides available in the market, avoid law quality ones. While application of such chemicals always keeps your pet and children far from the pot.
Keep such chemicals out of reach of children and pets.
To make your garden thrive in the pre and post-monsoon most of the practices you need to do is :
- less watering,
- Check for pest, insect, and fungi,
- Pruning of overgrown leaves or branches.
- Whenever possible give sunlight exposure in between.
- Can use fungiside for affected plants.
- Avoide over watering.
Do you guys think that this is enough rainy weather plant care guide?
do comment now it’s your queries.
As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.